Wednesday, April 13, 2011

StarWars dessert table (bar)



A few days ago I shared that I was preparting to set a Starwars dessert bar for my nephew's birthday party, as I told you before... I am new to the boy scene.  All my experience has been with girl parties, i've done rockstar, alice in wonderland, build a bear, minnie mouse, dumbo's circus, wizard of oz and lady bugs....   StarWars is my very first boy themed dessert table, and to be my first I thought it went pretty good... what do you think?




Pretzel Stick light saber dipped in chocolate and in colored candy coating.



Marshmallow Stormtrooper with chocolate pipped masks!



Yoda Yummies.... a variety of chocolates in silver and blue.



Clear cups with "Tostitos" and "churritos" filled the levels of the Dark Force Tower!



DeathStar Pops were cake balls on a stick!


These gumball skewers were one of my favorite... green/brown for Yoda and red/black for Vader!



Brownies with chocolate ganache coating in star shaped pans with hand made toppers!


...here's a detail of the pipping for the DeathStar pops!


Oreo pops w/sprinkles resembled Chubacca's fur!



my signature caramel/chocolate dipped granny smith apples in Yoda and Dath colors!


more apples to add some color into the tower.
                                                     

to top off the dark force tower I used tamarind rods as Darth Vader's red lightsaber!


other quotes from the movie were used throughout the party,


Jedi Juice was used at the beverage stand,


and "StarWars Coffee" was cleverly used by the cofffee machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment